Please join us on January 13th from 10am to 1pm to work on Rutledge Park.
Below is a list of activities that has been developed for this workday:
- Berm: Clean, weed, remove dead plants, replant azaleas.
- Park Entrance: clean, prune, and dress with stones to cover bare dirt at entrance boulders,
- First section: entry sidewalk: clean and weed between hollies, remove liriope, line stones along edge of sidewalk, remove most of the volunteer poplar saplings and dead plants.
- Front yard: Clean, weed, weed whack, remove dead trees and shrubs.
- Area around drinking fountain and first bench: remove 3 dead trees (dogwoods).
- Remove nandinas (invasive species, not good for wildlife)
- Add pinestraw in selected areas.
- Add mulch at playground surfacing.
- Add rubber mulch at path surface and install edge.
DeKalb County can provide rock rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows, lopers, etc. as well as pine straw and soil amendment for replanting at berm.